Call (425) 321-5859 to make an appointment
I am a Licensed Mental Health Counsellor (LMHC) in the State of Washington
I work with adolescent and adult individuals, couples and families.
I work with a wide spectrum of mental health issues and specialize in:
- Food and Body issues (compulsive, emotional & binge eating, chronic dieting, negative body image)
- Transforming harmful relationship patterns
- Exploring attachment trauma and childhood wounds and the resulting belief and behavior patterns.
- Complicated grief/loss/life transition (including death of a child)
***If you are specifically looking to explore coming in to a peaceful relationship with food and your body and overcoming issues of yo-yo dieting, overeating and body shame then explore the 12 week Deeper Cravings Path™ course a psycho-educational experience.
Fees and Insurance
- Fees: My standard fee is $150/50 min session for individuals or $175/50 session for couples or family counseling. Most insurance companies will cover a significant portion of my services as an ‘out of network’ provider. I do not bill insurance or summit claims. I take payment at the time of service and upon request can provide you with a detailed receipt to submit to your carrier for reimbursement. If you intend to submit for reimbursement please ensure you contact your carrier and understand your deductible/coverages prior to commencing working with me etc.
Interested in setting up a session? call +1-425-321-5859 and leave a message on my confidential voicemail or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ARE YOU A CLINICIAN INTERESTED IN CLINICAL SUPERVISION? CLICK HERE
My Philosophy on Therapy
“When Michelangelo was asked how he created a piece of sculpture, he answered that the statue already existed within the marble. God himself had created the Pieta, David, Moses. Michelangelo’s job, as he saw it, was to get rid of the excess marble that surrounded God’s creation. So it is with you”. Marianne Williamson
Much like the statue within the rock in the quote above, I believe that each and every one of us has a true self, an inner wisdom calling us into wholeness and yet for most of us there are various struggles in life that create barriers to attaining a sustained connection with our authentic self. Behind these struggles I believe that we all crave peace, authenticity and joyful living. It is this belief that is the foundation of my work with individuals and couples in therapy, and in my workshop facilitation/educational work.
More about me and my background:
My specialties include:
– Offering a mindfulness-based approach to eating and body issues (primarily compulsive eating, binge eating, emotional eating), as well as negative body and self-image issues (such as coping with the social stigma of obesity, chronic yo-yo dieting and weight loss obsession).
– Healing relationships through powerful tools and making the unconscious conscious so that you are truly operating as your adult self in your relationship rather than relating as the wounded child within. My work with couples draws from attachment based theories; Imago and emotionally focused therapy and John Gottman‘s research and couples interventions.
– Working with complicated grief. My early career supporting children and families with terminal illness and grief had a tremendous impact on me, and shaped me to see the preciousness of every moment. As such, the ‘practice of presence’ is hugely important to my work and my personal spiritual life. I have seen time and time again the power of arriving in the present moment and believe that by learning how to hold and accept our moments, even the moments of suffering; we unlock a key to healing.
My Treatment Approach
As your therapist, I see my role as one of helping you to remove the barriers getting in the way of you living to your full potential. This process involves providing you with tools, teaching you new skills and creating a safe space where I can help you access the resources and the wisdom that you already have but may be out of your view, concealed by your current struggle or life circumstance. I see us as collaborative partners. Together we co-create your path to a healthier and happier life. I have an integrative approach to therapy drawing on concepts from both Eastern & Western Spirituality and a wide range of psychological theories.
I believe what makes therapy a truly amazing and sacred process is perhaps most importantly the mutual ‘fit’ between client and therapist. I am fortunate enough to have had the gift of doing years of my own ‘inner work’ with several different therapists working from various theoretical orientations and I have experienced what it is like to sit in ‘the opposite chair’. It is my goal and intention to cultivate a relationship and experience where each and every one my clients leave my office feeling validated and empowered. I recognize that your therapy experience is a tremendous investment of your time and energy. If you choose to journey with me, I will view every moment as a precious honour .
Here are some of my Youtube videos that relate to relationships: